Benefits for schools
Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) are recognised as essential tools for wealth creation. Through contact with STEM Outreach, the STEM Advisory Network, and STEM Ambassadors students gain an understanding of the relevance of STEM in society and the opportunities offered. Newcastle College STEM Outreach ensures that under-represented groups are targeted and encouraged.
STEM enrichment activities and STEM Ambassador contact improve students knowledge, understanding and attainment in STEM. This also helps students to develop soft-skills such as team-work, problem solving, analysis and communication. STEM curriculum enhancement increases students understanding and enthusiasm for STEM subjects that are often considered "hard" to understand and do well in.
STEM Outreach gathers regional enrichment opportunities into one place to make it easier for teachers and educators to access the wealth of activities available in the North East. These fun educational activities are designed to support and extend the curriculum and get students excited about Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. Delivered by leading industry professionals, STEM Outreach activities will inspire students and open their eyes to the great career prospects offered by STEM qualifications.
- Raise awareness of the impact of STEM
- Raise awareness of STEM careers and opportunities
- Motivate and encourage students
- Capture students enthusiasm linked with industry and business
- Add to schools curriculum through improved attitude, motivation, creativity, enterprise, purpose and relevance
- Change perceptions of STEM education
- Raise aspirations and confidence in STEM education
For more information on STEM activities and events available to schools and teachers please contact email@example.com