- 18 January 2013
- Projects encouraged from organisations.
- 25 January 2013
- Student applications encouraged from schools and colleges.
- 25 January 2013 to 14 March 2013
- Students and teachers should study the information on Nuffield and
register interest with STEM Outreach by emailing
- 14 March 2013
- Deadline for project proposals from organisations.
- 25 March 2013
- List of projects available to schools.
- 3 May 2013
- Deadline for completed student applications. (Deadline extended to 3 May 2013)
- 7 May 2013 to 10 May 2013
- Student bursary eligibility assessments and short-listing.
Students paired with projects and submitted to providers for selection.
- 10 May 2013 to 24 May 2013
- Students selected for projects by host organisation. If they
wish organisations can interview students for placements in person or by phone.
- 24 May 2013
- Final decision from project providers on their choice of applicant.
- 3 June 2013
- Placement offers made to successful applicants and unsuccessful applicants informed.
- 4 June 2013
- Student travel fund applications encouraged.
- 7 June 2013
- Deadline for acceptance of placement offers by students.
- 14 June 2013
- Deadline for student travel fund applications.
- 4 June 2013 to 28 June 2013
- Project providers will arrange an induction meeting with their chosen student(s).
The induction event is designed to help students and project providers get the most from the
placement and orient students before they arrive to start work.
- 28 June 2013
- Travel fund and bursary payments confirmed. Nuffield placement students informed
of payment dates and amounts.
- 1 July 2013 to 30 August 2013
- Students carry out the bursary project of 4 to 6 weeks and complete a report.
- 13 September 2013
- Deadline for student reports, posters and feedback.
- 26 September 2013
- Nuffield Celebration Event. Students Display work.